Ladbrokes offers three mobile betting solutions – you can download a dedicated app for iPhone or Windows Phone devices, navigate to a fully responsive mobile version of its betting platform or sign up for its text betting service.
This means Ladbrokes has you covered no matter what type of phone or mobile device you have, from the newest, high-tech smartphone or tablet to an older phone that isn’t internet-enabled.
Getting the Ladbrokes mobile apps
How to get the Ladbrokes iPhone app
The Ladbrokes iPhone app runs on all iPhone and iPad models. To get and use the app, you take the following steps:
- sign up for a Ladbrokes account and claim up to a £100 free bet for opening an account
- access the iTunes App Store and type “Ladbrokes Sportsbook” in the search text box
- click the listing for the app and click Download to download it for free.
How to get the Ladbrokes Windows app
If you have a Windows Phone device, you can choose to download a free, dedicated Ladbrokes app from the Windows Store. Just navigate to the store, search for “Ladbrokes Sportsbook”, click the entry for the app and then click Download.
How to get the Ladbrokes web app(for Android, iPhone,Windows Phone or other devices)
To access a responsive version of the Ladbrokes site on an Android device, or on an iPhone or Windows Phone device, you can simply use the browser on your device to navigate to m.ladbrokes.com.
The web app will automatically detect the type of device you’re using and adjust the display to suit your screen size.
Ladbrokes text betting
Great news if you don’t have an internet-enabled phone is that you can use Ladbrokes’s text betting service to place your bets. To use the service, you need to:
- open a Ladbrokes account
- sign up for the text betting service by texting the word “register”, followed by the username for your account, to 60043
- once you’ve registered, place any sports bet by texting your stake, bet type and selection to 60043.
- For example, you could place a £10 double on Everton and Chelsea to win their next games by texting “10 double Everton Chelsea” to 60043.
Using the text betting service, you can even manage your betting account. You can:
- check your balance by texting “BALANCE” to 60043
- deposit funds by texting “DEPOSIT”, followed by the deposit amount, to 60043
- withdraw funds by texting “WITHDRAW”, followed by the amount to withdraw, to 60043.
Review of Ladbrokes mobile apps
Ladbrokes was slow off the mark with mobile, relying on a slightly clunky mobile-accessible web interface. In 2013, however, it revamped its offering, releasing dedicated apps and improving its web app.
Ladbrokes also recently launched an exceptionally useful text betting service, making it easy to place bets when you can’t access the internet.
The new mobile sportsbook provides a modern interface that, according to Ladbrokes, uses the latest technology “to ensure high performance, speed and reliability”. We can vouch for this claim in that the mobile Ladbrokes platform is fast, efficient and easy to use.
The app features simple navigation and an easy-to-use bet slip. It also provides live streaming of horse racing and a “Quickbet” feature, which makes it possible to bet a preconfigured amount in just three clicks.
For more information on how Ladbrokes compares to other leading bookmakers, see our detailed Ladbrokes review.