Bet365 each way extra* is a horse racing betting market that is offered on selected races by bet365, one of the world’s largest online bookmakers.
Whereas a typical each way bet will only pay out to 2nd or 3rd place, bet365 each way extra allows punters to cover additional places with their each way bets.
What does each way extra mean on bet365?
Each way extra on bet365 means a special betting market that is available for selected horse races. To access the each way extra markets, click on a race in the bet365 racing section.
If the race is eligible for each way extra bets, the market will appear alongside other markets like the forecast/tricast and tote markets.
Each way extra places strategy
Each way extra betting gives you a better chance of earning a payout on the each way portion of a bet you place on a qualifying race.
Simply put, the more places you have covered, the better your chance of earning a payout from the race. However, this does not mean that you should always bet on the maximum number of places.
Each way betting is most effective when you are able to make a profit on your overall bet if your horse places without winning the race.
For this to happen, the odds you select on your horse should be high enough that the total payout from the each way portion of your bet should equal or exceed your entire each way stake.
A punter bets $1 each way on a horse priced at 2/1 with five places covered at ¼ odds.
$1 is bet on the horse winning the race at 2/1. Another $1 is bet on the horse finishing in the top five at odds of ½ (or 1/4 of 2/1).
If the horse wins, the punter makes an overall profit.
However, if the horse places the punter will earn 50c on their each way stake, and have their $1 returned. This means they spent $2 to make $1.50.
With this in mind, you should always ensure that the odds on the place portion of your bet are over Evens.
This means that you will win back your overall stake if your horse places. In line with this, each way extra bets are a good option for betting in long shots in a race.
The high odds on the entry you pick will allow you to cover the maximum number of places offered by the each way extra market while still guaranteeing an overall profit if they place.
Place an each-way extra bet at bet365 now
*Terms and Conditions.
- Each Way Extra is available for pre-race single bets on selected Horse Racing. For Horse Racing from UK and Ireland this will be available from 9am UK Time.
- Each Way Extra bets, placed by using either the Each Way Extra tab of the racecard or via the drop-down on the bet slip, will not be eligible for bet365 Price Promise and Best Odds Guaranteed, except where a new or eligible customer selects place terms that match the standard Win and Each Way market for that race, as displayed in the Fixed Odds tab of the racecard.
- Where Enhanced Place Terms are available on a race and selected by a new or eligible customer, Best Odds Guaranteed will apply.
- In the event of non-runners, bet365 may remove the availability of Enhanced Place Terms or update the place terms offered. Bets placed prior to the removal or update of the market will be settled in accordance with the Enhanced Place Terms taken at the time of bet placement.
- Each Way Extra bets can only be Cashed Out pre-race and cannot be amended using the Edit Bet Feature.
- Each Way Extra bets are considered an offset to standard Each Way terms. In the event of non-runners, if the standard Each Way terms change, then the Each Way Extra terms will also change accordingly (including changes to the number of places available and/or the market place fraction).
- Where any term of the offer or promotion is breached or there is any evidence of a series of bets placed by a customer or group of customers, which due to enhanced payments, Free Bets, risk free bets, Bet Credits or any other promotional offer results in guaranteed customer profits irrespective of the outcome, whether individually or as part of a group, bet365 may reclaim the enhanced payment, Free Bet, risk free bet or Bet Credit element of such offers and/or void any bet funded by the Free Bet or Bet Credits. In addition, where there is evidence of such activity, bet365 may levy an administration charge on the customer up to the value of the Bet Credits, Free Bet, risk free bet or enhanced payment towards the administrative costs incurred in identifying and taking action against the activity.
- bet365 may reclaim any bonus amount, Free Bets, Bet Credits or enhanced payments that have been awarded in error. bet365 may, at any time, make minor amendments to this promotion to correct typographical errors or to improve on clarity or customer experience and may cancel this promotion for legal or regulatory reasons.
- Employees, officers and directors of bet365, its promotional or other agencies, licensees and licensors, service providers and any other associated or affiliated companies shall not be eligible for the promotion. The same terms shall apply to the direct families of such persons.