There's a whole world of combination bet types out there. There's no need to dive into hugely complicated bets, but it's a great idea to liven things up by varying the types of bets you place now and again. Also, the more you know, the more you'll be able to choose the best bet types for specific situations.
- So what is an ante-post bet anyway? Pretty simple. It's a bet you place ahead of an event.
- Increase the number of ways you can win.
- Have your cake and eat it – combine win and place bets into a single each-way bet.
- An introduction to lay betting – what it is, the pros and cons and links to important lay betting strategies.
- We take a comprehensive look at the most basic bet there is, the single bet.
Once you're confident you're familiar with a new bet type, you can use our bookmaker section to help you decide where you'd like to try out your sports betting skills. It's a good idea to try several online bookmakers – find sites you're comfortable using and shop around for the best odds.